Church Vision Statement
We are a biblically rooted church that wants to help you overcome life’s emptiness through a deeper relationship with Christ and a connection to a family who cares.
- What is your favorite memory as a kid from 4th of July?
- My parents had a firework stand for years and on July 5th we would shoot fireworks for hours.
Read: 1 Peter 5:1-11
1Pet. 5:1 “Therefore, I exhort the elders among you, as your fellow elder and witness of the sufferings of Christ, and a partaker also of the glory that is to be revealed,
1Pet. 5:2 shepherd the flock of God among you, exercising oversight not under compulsion, but voluntarily, according to the will of God; and not for sordid gain, but with eagerness;
1Pet. 5:3 nor yet as lording it over those allotted to your charge, but proving to be examples to the flock.
1Pet. 5:4 And when the Chief Shepherd appears, you will receive the unfading crown of glory.
1Pet. 5:5 You younger men, likewise, be subject to your elders; and all of you, clothe yourselves with humility toward one another, for GOD IS OPPOSED TO THE PROUD, BUT GIVES GRACE TO THE HUMBLE.
1Pet. 5:6 Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you at the proper time,
1Pet. 5:7 casting all your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you.
1Pet. 5:8 Be of sober spirit, be on the alert. Your adversary, the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.
1Pet. 5:9 But resist him, firm in your faith, knowing that the same experiences of suffering are being accomplished by your brethren who are in the world.
1Pet. 5:10 After you have suffered for a little while, the God of all grace, who called you to His eternal glory in Christ, will Himself perfect, confirm, strengthen and establish you.
1Pet. 5:11 To Him be dominion forever and ever. Amen.”
- Hangout nights are a great time to invite lost people as well as re-engage people from your group that may have gotten out of the habit of coming to LifeGroup.
- Who is the person in your life that you believe most exemplifies humility? Why?
- When we are looking for a leader what are attributes about them that would make you say they are humble?
- Servant leadership, being a good listener, able to hear critique…
- Read Philippians 2:3-11. We are all to live the example of Christ’s humility. Name some of the ways that Christ was humbled and did not assert His rights?
- He did not count equality with God, He stepped out of heaven and became a man, He allowed himself to be injured for God’s glory, He did not elevate himself He waited on God.
- Pride is the opposite of humility. Where does pride most often show up in your life?
- Think about times you have recognized you were living in pride and not in humility, why do you think you chose pride?
- Pastors are to feed the sheep. What does that mean? We as sheep are also to feed ourselves. How do you feed yourself the Word of God?
Reaching the World Check-in:
At Tabernacle, we use what we call the 5 i’s as our evangelism strategy. The idea is that you pick one person (obviously, you can have more than one person) to intentionally and meaningfully pursue with the message of the Gospel. The five i’s of personal evangelism are: identify, intercede (pray), invest, impart, and invite.
- Who have you identified that needs to know Jesus?
- Have you been praying for the lost by name this week?
- Have you had an opportunity to invest in a lost person’s life this week?
- How have you imparted the Gospel to a lost person this week, or do you plan to do it next week?
- Do you have someone that you want to invite to church or to know Jesus?