1 Corinthians 12:4-18
You Have Value
Read 1 Corinthians 12:4-18
- What is the source and purpose of spiritual gifts?
- The source of our spiritual gifts is God. Also, the only purpose of our spiritual gifts, and gifts that may not fall into the spiritual gifts category, are for the purpose of serving God.
- Have you ever seen a misuse of spiritual gifts? How?
- People might use their gift to show off or elevate themselves rather than God. These are ways gifts can be used wrongly.
- Go around the room and everyone give two ways they have used their God given gifts to serve the kingdom of God.
- Don’t worry about keeping the answers to a spiritual gift inventory. We just want people to think about how they can and have served God with the things that God has given them, whether it is a skill, their personality, or wealth.
- What is your favorite way to serve God?
- Do you feel like you or the churches you have been in have a very narrow lens when you think about what it means to serve God?
- What would be your volunteer dream job at church? How would your gifts be utilized in this way?
- How can you serve God now with the gifts that God has given you?
We, as the church, have an opportunity to be the church in the community when we meet together for Lifegroups. Another way we get to be the church is by serving our community.
Be in thought about a project(s) your Lifegroup can do in the community. When you decide your project please email firstname.lastname@example.org so we can keep track of what God is doing through us.
Who do you know in the church going through a difficult time? Could your group serve that person or family in prayer, a meal, or helping around their house? We are to care for one another, so reach out to that brother or sister and offer them love.
Look around the room and notice anyone missing. The summer is an easy time to get lost or fall through the cracks. Pull out your phone and set a reminder right now to text or call them.
September 8th: Lifegroup Re-launch. We ask you to meet in the new Welcome Hallway to recruit and make connections.