Church Vision Statement
We are a biblically rooted church that wants to help you overcome life’s emptiness through a deeper relationship with Christ and a connection to a family who cares.
- What is your favorite family tradition?
Read: Ephesians 1:7-14
7 We have redemption in Him through His blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of His grace 8 that He lavished on us with all wisdom and understanding. 9 He made known to us the mystery of His will, according to His good pleasure that He planned in Him 10 for the administration of the days of fulfillment —to bring everything together in the Messiah, both things in heaven and things on earth in Him.
11 We have also received an inheritance in Him, predestined according to the purpose of the One who works out everything in agreement with the decision of His will, 12 so that we who had already put our hope in the Messiah might bring praise to His glory.
13 When you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and when you believed in Him, you were also sealed with the promised Holy Spirit. 14 He is the down payment of our inheritance, for the redemption of the possession, to the praise of His glory.
Looking Forward: Please Read through these
- Prayer Meeting Tuesday Night at 6.
- Who is going to be the one person you have identified that you want to reach for Christ over the next few months (either they do not believe in Christ or they have walked away from the Church)?
- This year we are changing our strategy for reaching the community for Halloween. The strategy is to connect on a personal level with your friends and neighbors to invite them to your group or to the church. Halloween falls on the last Sunday of the month and we would like on your hangout night to volunteer to open your yards to trick-or-treaters. We will provide you with a yard sign that lets the community know that you are with Tabernacle. Your group can have as many homes as you would like. If you are willing or have multiple people who are willing to use your home please contact Kody at [email protected] so he can get a preliminary headcount.
- What is the relationship between obedience and love in following Christ?
- You cannot make God love you more or less because of your obedience but obedience is evidence that you do love God.
- Can you think of a time in your life or someone you know that could praise God, in Christ, despite the hard times that they were in?
- People outside the church often see God as primarily vengeful and full of wrath, you may have seen God that way at some point too. As you encounter more and more of His grace how has that changed your view and helped you see Him as loving?
- God will one day release his vengeance on those who have killed His followers and rejected His Son but God reveals Himself to the world to show His grace and love.
- The whole point of Paul telling us these things about God in Ephesians 1:3-14 is so that we would praise God with Paul. Have you ever considered that heaven is eternally praising and worshipping God? How should that affect the way you live your life on earth?
- What are the things you do to lead yourself daily and weekly in worship?
- How have you scheduled praise and worship of God in your week?
- What things do you do to lead your family daily and weekly in worship?