Church Vision Statement
We are a biblically rooted church that wants to help you overcome life’s emptiness through a deeper relationship with Christ and a connection to a family who cares.
- What would have been the perfect Father’s Day gift you could have given to your dad as a kid?
- “Dad, I know it’s 110 degrees but I would love to go fishing all day without snacks and I will not complain once.”
Read: 1 Peter 1:13-19 “Beloved, do not be surprised at the fiery ordeal among you, which comes upon you for your testing, as though some strange thing were happening to you;
1Pet. 4:13 but to the degree that you share the sufferings of Christ, keep on rejoicing, so that also at the revelation of His glory you may rejoice with exultation.
1Pet. 4:14 If you are reviled for the name of Christ, you are blessed, because the Spirit of glory and of God rests on you.
1Pet. 4:15 Make sure that none of you suffers as a murderer, or thief, or evildoer, or a troublesome meddler;
1Pet. 4:16 but if anyone suffers as a Christian, he is not to be ashamed, but is to glorify God in this name.
1Pet. 4:17 For it is time for judgment to begin with the household of God; and if it begins with us first, what will be the outcome for those who do not obey the gospel of God?
1Pet. 4:18 AND IF IT IS WITH DIFFICULTY THAT THE RIGHTEOUS IS SAVED, WHAT WILL BECOME OF THE GODLESS MAN AND THE SINNER?
1Pet. 4:19 Therefore, those also who suffer according to the will of God shall entrust their souls to a faithful Creator in doing what is right.
- Hangout nights are a great time to invite lost people as well as re-engage people from your group that may have gotten out of the habit of coming to LifeGroup. Discuss what you will do for this month’s hangout night on 6/27/21.
Review Questions: Since we did not meet for Father’s Day:
- What does it mean to be sober-minded and self-controlled?
- Have you noticed where you were not able to love and minister to someone in suffering because you were wrapped up in your own issues?
- How hospitable are you?
- Why is being hospitable important as a Christian?
- How have you seen or experienced someone’s hospitality be used as a tool of ministry by God? If you have never hosted Lifegroup at your house do you think that is something you would be willing to do?
- When you think about persecution what do you think of? What could social and economic persecution look like in your life?
- Have you ever been quiet about an issue because you did not want to have people react negatively to you, even though you may have felt compelled to speak?
- Have you ever experienced persecution?
- How did you respond to your persecution?
- How does God receive glory when we are persecuted?
- How has someone else’s courage inspired you to stand firm in your faith?