1. An Overview of 1 Peter
– The author is Peter.
– It was written in AD 64-65, right around the time that Nero burned Rome.
– Persecution was increasing and Peter was writing to believers to remind them of their hope in the midst of difficulties.
2. We are Exiles
– Chosen – Jesus does the saving!
– Exiles – We live between two worlds and don’t fit in.
– Instead of conforming to culture, we are called to be different.
3. Redemption is a Triune Activity
– Verse 2 shows us that redemption is a Triune activity – it’s Trinitarian love!
– We have been chosen by the Father.
– Purchased by the Son.
– Set apart by the Spirit.
– The sprinkling of Christ’s blood allows believers to have grace and peace.