“Mount Hermon” The Mountains Are Calling: Week 4 (Luke 9: 28-36)
28 Some eight days after these sayings, He took along Peter and John and James, and went up on the mountain to pray. 29 And while He was praying, the appearance of His face became different, and His clothing became white and gleaming. 30 And behold, two men were talking with Him; and they were Moses and Elijah, 31 who, appearing in glory, were speaking of His departure which He was about to accomplish at Jerusalem. 32 Now Peter and his companions had been overcome with sleep; but when they were fully awake, they saw His glory and the two men standing with Him. 33 And as these were leaving Him, Peter said to Jesus, “Master, it is good for us to be here; let us make three tabernacles: one for You, and one for Moses, and one for Elijah”—not realizing what he was saying. 34 While he was saying this, a cloud formed and began to overshadow them; and they were afraid as they entered the cloud. 35 Then a voice came out of the cloud, saying, “This is My Son, My Chosen One; listen to Him!” 36 And when the voice had spoken, Jesus was found alone. And they kept silent, and reported to no one in those days any of the things which they had seen.
BOTTOM LINE: Jesus alone is God. We should listen to Him and take the truth about Him wherever we go.
1. What does God reveal about Himself? That Jesus is exclusive
- Hebrews 1:3 “And He is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of His nature, and upholds all things by the word of His power.”
- Luke 9:35 “This is My Son, My Chosen One; listen to Him!”
- How do you see Jesus?
2. What does God reveal about us? We need to Listen to Jesus
- Matthew 7:24-25 “Therefore everyone who hears these words of Mine and acts on them, may be compared to a wise man who built his house on the rock. And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and slammed against that house; and yet it did not fall, for it had been founded on the rock.”
- Whose Your One?
3. What does God want you to take down the mountain? Take the Truth of Jesus with you
January 21, 2020
January 7, 2020
December 31, 2019
December 23, 2019
December 23, 2019
December 10, 2019
December 1, 2019
November 24, 2019
November 11, 2019
November 4, 2019
October 28, 2019